Overview of the issue
If your work setting brings you into contact with people who have experienced either a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or domestic violence, you need to understand how these two problems intersect. Domestic violence is a common cause of brain injury, particularly in women, who constitute the vast majority of victims of severe physical violence by an intimate partner.
- Screening for victimization
- The screening process
- When abuse is disclosed
- Strategies for TBI Service Providers
- Domestic violence services
- What is Traumatic Brain Injury?
- Difficulties caused by TBI
- Screening for TBI
- Working with abused women with TBI
- Victims with brain injuries in shelter
- Safety planning
- For further information