Publications & Public Education Materials
Materials listed below may be downloaded and reproduced. Materials are available in PDF (Portable Document Format). Adobe® Acrobat®Reader™ lets you view and print PDF files and can be downloaded free from the Adobe Acrobat site. Some material is also available in text version. If you cannot use a PDF document, please contact email@example.com and the same document, in an accessible format, will be provided to you.
Some materials may also be available to order see List of Materials-Order
Comprehensive guide for survivors and helpers with up-to-date information about adult domestic violence, safety planning, and getting help from domestic violence services, the police, and the courts.
Available in five languages:
Outlines intimate partner violence, sexual assault, and stalking on college campuses and describes services and protections available to victims.
- Brochure: Campus Guide For College Students: Understanding Intimate Partner Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking (pdf) (text)
Coaching Boys Into Men Brochure
Offers tips on how to talk with young men and boys about ending violence against women.
Available in five languages:
- Animal Cruelty and Domestic Violence (pdf) (text)
- An Overview of a Valuable No-Cost Tool for Law Enforcement: The DIR Repository (pdf) (text)
- Domestic Abuse and Traumatic Brain Injury (pdf) (text)
- Domestic Violence and Child Safety Planning (pdf) (text)
- Domestic Violence and the Workplace (pdf) (text)
- Identity Theft and Domestic Violence (pdf) (text)
- Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse Information Guide (pdf) (text)
- Intimate Partner Violence on College Campuses: Bystander Intervention, Prevention, and Education (pdf) (text)
- Intimate Partner Violence on College Campuses: Information for Parents (pdf) (text)
- Intimate Partner Violence on College Campuses: Information for Students (pdf) (text)
- Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender/Queer Domestic Violence Information Guide (pdf) (text)
- Stalking (pdf) (text)
- Teen Dating Violence: Information for Parents (pdf) (text)
- Teen Dating Violence: Information for Teens (pdf) (text)
- Teen Dating Violence: Bystander Intervention, Prevention, and Education (pdf) (text)
New York State's Response to Domestic Violence: Systems and Services Making a Difference, 2006
Identifies and highlights the vast work performed in New York State to respond to domestic violence. Provides information on federal, state and local funding, training, services, and creative strategies used to address this issue, 2006.
Model Domestic Violence Policy for Counties, 1998
8-1/2” x 11” poster designed to raise general awareness of teen dating violence. It lists the Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline numbers.
Available in six languages:
- Chinese (pdf)
- English (pdf) Text description
- Español (pdf)
- French (pdf)
- Haitian-Creole (pdf)
- Russian (pdf)
12" x 18" poster designed to raise awareness of the importance of talking to boys about violence againstwomen. It lists the Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline number.
Available in five languages
Poster designed to encourage teens to recognize abusive behavior and to learn more about it. It features a pink background, with a box of candy hearts spilling out. They show some unexpected messages: BE MINE, U R MINE, ANSWER ME!, CALL ME NOW, LOSER, WHERE RU?, DON’T WEAR THAT, SHUT UP, U R FAT, GET HERE.
- Brochure: Are You Being Hurt or Harmed In Anyway? (pdf)1 text)
- Desk Reference: Recognizing and Responding To Abuse, Neglect and Financial Exploitation (pdf) (text)
RADAR: A Domestic Violence Intervention
- Tool for health care professionals, for screening, documenting and referring victims of domestic violence (pdf) (text)