Information about Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence: Finding Safety and Support
A comprehensive guide for both survivors and helpers with up-to-date information about the problem of adult domestic violence, safety planning, and getting help from domestic violence services, the police, and the courts.
A Power and Control (Wheel)
A visual aid describing the different tactics of coercion and violence that batterers use to control their partners. Created by the Domestic Abuse Intervention Project, Duluth, MN.
The Power and Control Wheel was developed by battered women in Duluth, Minnesota, who had been abused by their male partners and were attending women’s educational groups sponsored by the women’s shelter. This wheel is meant specifically to illustrate men’s abusive behaviors toward women.
- Domestic Abuse - Coercive Controlling Violence
- Animal Cruelty and Domestic Violence (pdf)
- An Overview of a Valuable No-Cost Tool for Law Enforcement: The DIR Repository (pdf)
- Domestic Abuse and Traumatic Brain Injury (pdf)
- Domestic Violence and Child Safety Planning (pdf)
- Domestic Violence and the Workplace (pdf)
- Identity Theft and Domestic Violence (pdf)
- Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse Information Guide (pdf)
- Intimate Partner Violence on College Campuses: Bystander Intervention, Prevention, and Education (pdf)
- Intimate Partner Violence on College Campuses: Information for Parents (pdf)
- Intimate Partner Violence on College Campuses: Information for Students (pdf)
- Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender/Queer Domestic Violence Information Guide (pdf)
- Stalking (pdf)
- Teen Dating Violence: Information for Parents (pdf)
The sites listed on the selected links list are provided as a reference. The content on the sites represents the views of the authors and should not be construed as representing the opinions or positions of the New York State Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence.